Monday, November 27, 2006

Oh I forgot. Security is likely to come for an inspection this week. These guys and gals are not the most educated bunch but for some reason it is part of the security check to read and review the bulletin boards. They are supposed to look for errors. So, none of the telephones work should we need to call for help. It takes about ten minutes to get out of the building during a fire drill, hmmmm bacon, we have no place to send students who are disruptive, but our bulletin boards will be squeaky clean. Years ago, I asked what the rationale was for the security inspectors evaluating bulletin boards and as I recall the response was that mistakes indicate a lack of motivation on the teacher's part and therefore, an increased likelihood of student disruption. I swear.

We received an email reminder that said "as always be sure to" and then listed all of the things that never happen at our school. Such as the deans patrolling the halls during all periods. This never happens. Ever. The only reason I can ever find a dean is because one of them keeps coffee in my room and so I have access. Otherwise, you are as likely to find a student who likes to read. A winning lottery ticket. A singing dinosaur.

No comments: