Tuesday, October 31, 2006


It's Halloween. I had about ten kids in each class and about twenty this afternoon when we went to Hyland Park to play "surviving" games. Mostly, it was about teamwork, trust, and communication and what happens when one or all of those things is taken away. It was pretty fun and the weather was perfect. I was supposed to come home and run but everyone is bailing on class tonight. Andrew is too stressed about work, Sonia wants to have fun, Sara wants to have fun and I feel like sitting around and going to bed early. I'll run tomorrow. Most of my students know what an adjective is by now, which is something.

Because so many kids were absent, we watched a movie on survival techniques. It was hilarious. These redneck good ol' boys showing off their outdoor skills. But the kids were pretty into it. Then, of course there was Earl. Who decided to go off. I can't even repeat what he said. Basically it was a rant against the "rich teachers with their fancy lunches" and what can we possibly teach them about survival? "Miss, give me five bucks and the streets and I'll survive. Doubt you would." He has a point. I just wish he would learn to utter it more appropriately. Sigh.

No comments: