Monday, May 14, 2007

How hard is it to play a drug user? Ok, fine a Lotus-eater. But, really in my show, it all amounts to the same thing. But you should see these guys. They are so low energy, which, ok, it might be accurate, but it makes for some pretty bad drama. Not that I would really know, as I have YET to have a rehearsal where the ENTIRE cast is in school. Not possible, I've decided. In fact, most days, I can't even manage to get all of the cast members for a single scene. Ah, the joys of high school drama. Especially in a school where attendance is such a problem. So and so is sick or is dropping out or has a cousin who needed something or a parent who wanted something else or, sigh. There are about 15 rehearsals left and I have yet to see one of the classes even make it through the end of the show. There might not BE an ending if these guys can't get it together. But they are not exactly the motivated ones. My second period class I'm pretty sure is actually made up of zombies. The children were eaten somewhere after December. I wonder, when exactly do I make the decision to cut pieces out?

No comments: